My very awesome fellow blogger Corey M.P. tagged me for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. (She also just published her first novel, HIGH,on December 28, 2012!!)
So, “The Next Big Thing” is a great opportunity for writers to post about their latest WIP. So, here I go!
How It Works:
If I tag you, use this format for your post
. Include an introduction to your interview post and a link to the person who tagged you for participation. Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress). Include some pictures if possible. Tag five other writers/bloggers by sending them an email and then add their links to the end of your interview post. Their answers should go up the week after. The blog post should be labeled: The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.
Here are my answers:
1. What is the working title of your book? Frozen
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? Honestly, a couple of years ago I watched the film “Franklyn” and the disturbed, quirky, beautiful Emilia just absolutely inspired me. It was also winter and I was listening to a lot of Red songs, so this strange new world formed in my mind as I drove home that night. I wanted the story to center around this broken young woman and the whole concept of her living in an ice city just made me so inspired to start writng Frozen.
3. What genre does your book fall under? Fantasy, or possibly horror? Dark fantasy?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? It is difficult to picture actors to play any of my characters, because they look so “different” from usual people. I didn’t have any specific person in mind as I wrote in each character. They are all originals in my mind. 🙂
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Ivea is determined to find out what happens after death – and when she does, she can’t decide if the hell she is sentenced to will be worse than the one that she is currently living in.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? It is a novella, so I will be self-publishing this book as well.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Roughly one year. I have been editing it ever since.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Hm. The story as a whole is not something I have read before. Princess Ivea could certainly relate to Emilia in Franklyn to some degree, though.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? The film Franklyn, winter, the bands Red and Flyleaf, ridiculous religious practices, friends.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? There is a secret that the high priest has kept from everyone – even from the other priests – that could set everyone in the city free.
P.S. I tag all of you! Just link back to my blog and let me know if you decide to take part. I’d love to hear more about all of your current works in progress!